For the conveyor belt, users pay attention to the conveyor configuration and maintain good operation specifications, which will greatly prolong the service life of the conveyor belt Life, so as to maximize the working efficiency of the belt.
First, when installing a new conveyor belt or maintaining an old conveyor belt, to ensure that the conveyor belt running straight counts the most. For a straight operation, the conveyor belt must have a good grooving on no-load to ensure that the conveyor belt is in close contact with the horizontal idler. Moreover, Moreover, a running conveyor and all its rollers and idlers must be perpendicular to the conveyor centerline.
For the conveyor with short transportation distance, a tensioned pot wire center line can be used as a benchmark during installation, so that the idler is at right angles to it. For the conveyor with long haul distance, a tensioned steel wire connecting each datum point can be used during installation.
A new conveyor should be properly loaded as soon as the conveyor belt is installed, Especially for the conveyor belt with fabric core framework, the conveyor belt runs with load first, then stops and stands at night, and then runs with load. This process will speed up the commissioning time. In this process, the transverse uneven stress on the conveyor belt becomes stable due to grooving, which can avoid a long time of no-load operation during commissioning.
1. Tail roller
When commissioning a new conveyor, first to consider is adjusting the conveyor belt to the middle range of head and tail rollers. All rollers are installed at right angles to the center line of the conveyor, but when the conveyor belt enters the round-trip operation, the fine adjustment of the buffer roller will be beneficial to the commissioning. If there is a buffer roller at the tail, its fine adjustment will help guide the conveyor belt to be in the middle of the tail roller. If it is really necessary for the tail roller to deviate slightly from the center line, the conveyor belt will move to the edge of the roller it contacts first.
For a conveyor with a long haul distance, when the conveyor belt is running for the first time, there must be a person taking care of the tail roller. If a gravity tensioning device is used, we should ensure that the sliding device is in the correct position and the frame is in normal condition. If the conveyor belt deviates from the tensioning roller, the conveyor belt will wedge between the roller Jane and the support, resulting in the destruction of the conveyor belt.
2. Return belt
The next consideration is the return belt. If the conveyor belt deviates on the return belt, it will cause edge damage.
2.1 Installation of return belt idler
The return belt idler must also be perpendicular to the center line of the conveyor. If the running in of the conveyor belt is poor, the idler can be fine tuned.If the bracket is installed near the midpoint of the bottom groove with bolts. It will be very convenient to adjust the position of the idler, and the idler can move in any direction.During the initial installation of the idler, the bolts shall not be tightened too tightly. The bolts shall be tightened just enough to keep the idler running on the conveyor belt.In this way, when the conveyor belt is running, the position of the idler can be adjusted with a hammer before final tightening.If the traveling side cannot fully adjust the idler and the bolt is near the midpoint of the groove, the idler can be adjusted from the other side.
2.2 Adjustment of return belt idler
The best position to start adjusting the return surface is the head of the conveyor, starting from the low tension part of the conveyor belt, usually after the tensioning device. If the conveyor belt runs to one side of the return idler, the edge of the conveyor belt in this range will be worn. These idler rollers need to be adjusted to keep the conveyor belt on the centerline. Usually, the idler that should be adjusted is located 1.5-6 meters before the offset point of the conveyor belt, and the conveyor belt will move to one side of the idler that contacts first. Very small adjustments to some idler groups may have sufficient effect. It is best to make large adjustments to only one or two groups of idler.
However, the effect of idler adjustment will not occur immediately. It is necessary to wait a few minutes after each adjustment before further adjustment. The best time to adjust the idler is when the conveyor belt is running. However, for a conveyor with a single traveling side, if all adjustments cannot be operated from the traveling side, it is quite dangerous to extend your hand to the other side when the conveyor belt is running. If the clothes touch the conveyor belt near the idler point, your arm may be easily brought in. Therefore, special attention should be paid to the safe operation of the idler when the conveyor belt is running.
3. Load belt
3.1 Installation of load belt
In order to maximize the adjustment, it is also first installed as a grooved idler, and the bolts of the idler are close to the midpoint of the base groove. If the grooving property of the conveyor belt is good during empty cutting, and the bearing idler is on the center line, the debugging of the conveyor belt will be easy.
3.2 Adjustment of load belt
The adjustment required for the supporting conveyor roller of the planting surface starts from the tail roller of the machine. If necessary, tap the base with a hammer to fine tune the angle between the supporting roller and the center line. As described of the return belt, the conveyor belt will first move to one side contacting the supporting roller.
4. Operation under special conditions
Generally, the following situations will attract attention
4.1 The conveyor belt bends after the loading point
In case there is a long loose ground behind the loading point, the additional grooved idler will help the conveyor belt run in.
4.2 Off center loading
If the loading is off center, part of the bearing surface of the conveyor belt is likely to run off the center line. The best way to correct it is to improve the loading condition. If there is an automatic adjustment idler, it will also help adjust the conveyor belt back to the center line.
4.3 Problems of conveyor belt or conveyor.
- 4.3.1 If the same part of the conveyor belt always deviates, whether the reason is the arc conveyor belt on the conveyor or the poor joint. The best way to correct the fault is to add a certain length of new conveyor belt or remake the joint. A conveyor belt may run well for a period of time and then run off. It may be due to the thin and elongated edge of the conveyor belt, or the shrinkage of the exposed edge caused by the penetration of water into the conveyor belt. The only way to correct is to add a new conveyor belt and make joints
- 4.3.2 If the conveyor belt climbs on the same side of the same idler constantly, because the idler is not in line, This problem is “squeezed” by the “rising” ground or shaft wall “It is common in the mine. If the conveyor is installed in a depression or on a poor foundation or the support hardness is not enough, the conveyor is very easy to be out of line. The non-linear installation of the conveyor will not cause the conveyor belt to bend at that point. Adjusting the support or idler at that point will not work on the conveyor belt, but should be at a point 3 ~ 4m away from the running direction of the conveyor belt.
- 4.3.3 A conveyor belt sometimes works very well on one device, but it may fail when replaced with a new device, and the new device may not be out of line. Therefore, mechanical guidance is necessary. On the new device, the conveyor belt may get better slowly through operation.
- 4.3.4 The longer central idler is helpful for the commissioning of the conveyor belt, and more conveyor belts can contact the intermediate idler. However, on the return idler, the accumulation of wet muck may produce a force to make the conveyor belt deviate from the center line, and then make the conveyor belt deviate.
- 4.3.5 If all parts of the conveyor are arranged in a straight line. The conveyor belt still can not run in the center of the head and tail rollers. Two automatic deviation adjusting rollers may be useful, which leads to the most effective position of the automatic deviation adjusting roller where the head and tail rollers run straight. One is 6 ~ 15m from the roller, depending on the width of the conveyor belt, and the other is at the same distance behind the first roller, for a wide and heavy conveyor belt. A longer distance would be beneficial. For this effect, the automatic deviation adjusting idler will be positioned at the conveyor belt joint close to the roller.
It should be mentioned that there is a special case in which the commissioning of the conveyor belt will be very difficult. All widths are narrower and higher.The strong fabric conveyor belt and the steel wire rope core conveyor belt with narrow width have the tendency of transverse fine tension under the condition of high tension, which makes it difficult for the no-load conveyor belt to form a groove and brings difficulties to commissioning. Therefore, some conveyors on the ground have installed unloaders for this problem
The following suggestions are made:
- 4.4.1 The best measure is to replace and use a conveyor belt that is often elastic. Grooving and debugging are good under no-load or high tension.
- 4.4.2 Fully calibrate the wheel of the self discharger. Bracket. Roller It is possible that the lower bending roller arm causes the unloaded belt to leave the unloader to a minimum, so that the unloaded belt unloader under high tension is close to the level of the grooved idler.
- 4.4.3 Another suggestion is to arrange an arc above the conveyor in the trip of the unloader, which will cause the conveyor belt to drop the unloader to some place of the grooved idler under high tension.
- 4.4.4 Some improvements on the commissioning of no-load conveyor belt under high tension. It can be obtained by adding some horizontal rollers in the middle of the grooving idler. The added rollers should be placed about 50mm above the middle rollers of the normal idler, or raised until they contact the empty conveyor belt. However, the discharger must be kept clean.
- 4.4.5 It is helpful to replace the staggered zigzag idlers with grooved roller Jane, which has the effect of increasing the spacing of idlers. Therefore, the conveyor belt sags and the conveyor belt will contact the point of the remaining part of the horizontal idler Jane. That helps the conveyor belt run in a straight line.